Picture by Paradox (and Skylinesnation).
Greeting from Paradox:
Greetings dearest Chirpies
Happy autumn friends! We Nords are slowly calming down after the brief
summer and setting into the cozy pace required to survive the dark
months. Ah, hot coco, blankets and a great game or three – bliss.
This is a two staged post. First and foremost, we’re releasing a patch today and increasing several in-game limits! Wohoo!
You have asked for this since we launched the game. Originally it was
not a possible option as it would require an increase in system
requirements. Since then we have worked diligently with optimizing Cities: Skylines and have now been able to use that extra juice-room to push the limits further!
Why not open it up entirely to modders? The tl;dr reason is that
it would require a large amount of time. Limits are tied to several
somewhat complex dependencies and fiddling with this could easily end up
in us breaking something rather than improving it. Our focus lies
elsewhere as it stands, we hope this is a good compromise
Why no changes in agent limits? It hogs way too many resources and is not doable under our current sys-reqs.
Is this final? Nothing is ever final – but we are going to leave
this alone for the foreseeable future and focus our efforts elsewhere
- Zone limit increased 50%
- Building limit increased 50%
- Road segment limit increased 12,5%
- Fixed some issues when loading saves with missing assets.
- Commercial specializations exposed in the Asset Editor for DLC owners
- Fixed an issue where pre-DLC vehicles would fail to load in the Asset Editor
- AfterDark badge added on top of assets thumbnails in the Template
selector of the asset editor which uses AfterDark only features
- Content Manager also disable the asset using DLC feature which wont work in the base game and offer a link to the DLC store page
- Fixed Tropical and European cliff textures showing disgusting lines
- After Dark expansion: Text: UI: The mouse over text of the Specializations income is incorrect.
- After Dark expansion: LOC: RUS: Asset Editor: The “Day/Night Control” text is cut off.
- After Dark expansion: Text: Menu: Incorrect mouse over tooltip text for Prisoners and Cyclists in the City Statistics menu.
- Fixed tree lod shadow clipping with tall trees
- Fixed bikes coming out of the plane at airports
- Updated the storage method for Paradox account credentials
- Fixed the day/night control slider label position in Map and Asset editor
The patch 1.2.2-F2 should be rolling out right now.